Tuesday, December 16, 2014

And... we're back! Later, Stupids!!!



I recently had issues with stupid Microsoft.  They made me mad, so I uninstalled Windows 8, and added Ubuntu as my current OS.  I was a little worried, as I use certain applications for photo processing, but apparenlty, the ones that are out there for Linux, work quite well.  I really wish I had given in, much sooner, at this point.

I could go on a long tangent about WHY Windows pissed me off, but I'd rather show you some pictures that I'd taken just before my hard drive died, and I didn't get a chance to process.

Currently, I am using Darktable, and Gimp.  While I really had to make a sizeable adjustment to using Gimp, I've actually been slogging along for about a year with it, after I lost Photoshop... the first time my hard drive failed.  Apparently, you can only install Photoshop so many times, before the keys no longer work.  I really, truly, hate that, but whatever.

And truth be told, I always found someone to borrow it from, but worried that I would use up THEIR keys.  Then, things got harder to work around, altogether, so I was afraid to ask anyone.  Now, they just want you to pay $10 a month.  Forever.  Uh... it seems small, but that adds up, over time, especially when you are like me, and only really use Photoshop to resize and add a watermark.  I really don't need to pay a subscription fee for that.  Formatted the way it is, and not in a local way, I also wonder about who might have access to my files, etc. 

Just... no!


I'm going to shout from the rooftops that you can, indeed, find programs out there, that will work nicely, and you won't have to worry about who can see what you are working on, either.  I know, I know... it may be fine, but it also might not.  I'm a fairly private person, and I don't like the idea of my programs coming from anywhere other than my computer, or anyone having access to what I might be doing.

Here.  Take a look at some photos we took at Pittock Mansion, before the leaves were all gone. 






















-H

No comments:

Post a Comment