Sunday, November 25, 2012

Today, we decided to try something a little different.  We don't usually decorate the exterior of our house for the holidays, but I felt like it this year.  I am not really sure why.  I think I just felt like I needed a little something cheery.  So, we bought some lights, and we made ourselves some cedar garlands for the porch railings, and bannister.

This, thankfully, was a fairly inexpensive project.  We have 8 cedar trees on our property, so the boughs were free!









This did end up being a fairly involved project, as they usually are.  It was a lot of fun!  The boughs you see in the second photos represent probably about a tenth of what we ended up actually using!   This takes a LOT of boughs!

We also chose to hang some lights!






Yeah... this basically took most of the afternoon...





The aftermath...







 All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.



-H

No comments:

Post a Comment