Sunday, July 26, 2015

The one thing I will miss about going to Spokane.


This, right here, is one of the few things I will miss about going to Spokane.  Father in law is moving away from the house he took care of for his father before him, but god damn it, it doesn't have to be his legacy forever.  I think everyone is probably glad he doesn't have to stay in that god damn house.

Anyway, the one really awesome thing about this piece of property, is the birds.  I am normally deathly afraid of birds, and well, let's face it.  They are great big scary dinosaurs with knives on their faces, that will kill me if I get too close... that's just how it is.  Fucking birds... but they are pretty, and these ones usually kept their distance.  The peafowl and I... we had a sort of an understanding.  Except for that one time Todd had to run one off, and it flew into a tree, because it was being kind of aggressive, and I screamed like a freaked out baby monkey.

This place has quite the storied past.  There were swimming pools that... didn't work out so well.  There were dams built from National Geographics.  There was a massive clear-out at one point in time, and there was also subdivisions of the property.  It used to encompass 30 acres, and was all wooded.  That was before I ever saw it, but there was still a good bit of land to explore with the kids.

Anyway, there are plenty of stories to tell about this place, but let's get to the pictures, shall we?


Lady Peahen.  I've named her Dominiqua, because she's fancy as hell.

Mac Daddy Peacock.  I've named him Kevin, because he's fancy enough, god damn it.


And this is Sylvia, and her chicks.  I haven't quite figured out the relationship dynamics of these birds, but they seemed to run around together pretty happily.







No comments:

Post a Comment