Tuesday, October 22, 2013

BNSF... Oy vey.

The track entries on the frontage road, near HWY 30, industrial area, looked especially interesting to me, on this foggy morning.

Hey y'all.  I'm going to need help with this one.  I have no idea how to get down to actually see this bridge.  I did shoot from a few spots today that... sort of worked, but there is so much in the way of chain link fences and no trespassing areas, and... closed roads, that a map was no help today.  Here are some that I got today, anyway.




Through the trees on N. Willamette BLVD

Above the tracks, on a trestle, near N. Ida St.  I was drawn to this spider web.


Through a hole in the same bridge, near that spider web.  I had to shoot with my lens through the hole, because there was a chain link fence above it, so the view wasn't great.

I preferred this shot in black and white.  I was on the campus of the University of Portland, and I had to shove my lens through barbed wire to get this shot.  You're welcome.

Train yard, in fog, on HWY 30, again, from this morning.

Same shot as above, but in colour this time.  I may as well milk the barbed wire shot for all it's worth...

Other treachery... I stood on a bluff, to try and get other shots of the bridge, but that was as far as I could go... because that's... straight down, right there.  That's what that is.

Standing on very coarse, scary rocks... I liked this old docking area.

Tug boats, on the west siiiiide.


-H

No comments:

Post a Comment